Pages

Wednesday, December 9, 2009

A (slightly dated) look at PSYCHO SANTA MOVIES (from 2003)



Here is a strip I did for the Seattle weekly, THE STRANGER in December 2003. Yes, there has since been a surge in Christmas time horror movies and many (!) more have made since then. But at the time these films almost seemed to be the product of a by-gone era, believe it or not. And, no, these may not be the most scholarly (or accurate!) descriptions of the films, since I did this strip mostly from memory (not to mention on a deadline - so please consider that when casting a critical eye on the thing!). Even just six years ago, some of these films were hard (for me anyway) to track down to re-watch, so most descriptions are based on the one or two times I saw the films myself, which was years earlier. I say all of this because I know that nowadays anyone who wishes can find out everything they wish about any of these movies online and there may be some who could find much to quibble about (yes, I know the blonde wasn't actually wearing a green top - or anything actually - when she got stuck on the antlers, etc etc), but I ask you, dear readers, to please consider the spirit in which the strip was done -- with a sense of humor rather than as a serious piece of film criticism (!). Plus - on a deadline -- Did I mention that?

2 comments:

  1. Haha! I love "I know where you've been sleeping, slut!" And of course, the art is great as usual.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know you don't need me to tell you how great this is, but no one but me can tell you how much I enjoyed it.

    Well, technically, I guess I could tell someone else and they could tell you, so..

    ReplyDelete